child support servicesRelocation With Children

If a parent is entitled to timesharing with a minor child and wishes to relocate with that child, they may only legally do so by written agreement with the other parent or by filing a petition to relocate with the court and obtaining a court order granting the same. Relocation is defined as a change in the child's principal residence for 60 or more days, not including temporary absences for vacation, education or health care. The change of residence must be at least 50 miles. There are many statutory factors that the court considers in determining whether to grant the petition for relocation. Among those factors is the impact of the relocation upon the child, whether the child's best interests would be served by permitting the relocation and the feasibility of preserving the relationship between the non-relocating parent and the child.

Print Version Print Version       Send to a friend Send to a friend      

Contact Information

Michael Beraha
Divorce and Family Law Attorney

1880 N. Congress Ave.
Suite 201
Boynton Beach, FL 33426

Phone: 561-732-1090

We accept Visa.We accept MasterCard.We accept American Express.We accept Discover.

Contact Form

Fields marked with * are mandatory

Yahoo News